It is not often that I can find some really plump Turkish figs, but when I do, I buy them. Figs can be paired with so many other flavours, but my best is certainly Camembert. This recipe is an extension of my previous one, adding some more sweetness with the honey.
- 1 Turkish fig per person
- 50g Camembert per fig
- 15mls balsamic vinegar reduction - I used a fig flavoured one
- 5mls honey
- quarter the figs, without slicing through the bottom
- place the Camembert into the fig
- place under the grill and leave there until the Camembert is soft
- put the balsamic vinegar reduction into a pan and add the honey
- leave until the honey has melted into the reduction
- drizzle the sauce over the fig
Click on the links for conversions and notes.