I learnt one good thing while in Italy – the simpler the pasta sauce, the better! They might get fancy, but they do not get complicated. With this in mind, I have challenged myself to 5 ingredients per sauce – but, do garlic and onion count as one?
- 15mls olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 100g mushrooms sliced
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 artichoke hearts, chopped
- in a pan fry the onion in the olive oil until translucent
- add the garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute
- add the mushrooms and as soon as they have cooked add the sundried tomatoes and artichokes
- serve with spaghetti and enjoy!