This avocado cheese cake is a savoury recipe, perfect to serve as a side dish.
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Avocado Cheese Cake ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
My first memory of eating an avocado involves my grandmother. She would cut them in half, remove the pip and spoon a healthy dose of sugar into the hole and then pour in some malt vinegar. This memory is so good that my mouth is salivating as I am typing these words. I still like to eat my avocados like this, or with a generous twist of freshly ground black pepper, some salt and my homemade mayonnaise. If I am not eating my avocados out of the skin then I mix them together with cream cheese and this is where the inspiration came for my second recipe for the ZZ2 “More than just guacamole!” Afrikado Blogger Challenge! I was recently invited to a baby shower and had I gone I would have been expected to bring a plate of food with me. Usually I contribute a savoury dish as everyone makes something sweet to add to the table. I am not 100% sure about calling this a cheesecake as Dave says you expect a cheesecake to be anything but savoury. However, I am sure about two things. One, this avocado cheesecake is very simple to make. Two, it also needs to be served the same day.
Avocado Cheese Cake Recipe
- 75 g butter, melted
- 150 g savoury whole wheat biscuits, finely processed
- 250 g plain cream cheese
- 2 large avocados, with no blemishes
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 15 mls dried dill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 2 gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
- Mix the butter into the biscuits and place into a spring form tin
- Flatten with the back of a spoon and place in the fridge
- In a food processor mix together the cream cheese, avocados, lime zest and juice and the dill
- Season to taste
- Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine
- Dissolve in 5mls hot water and mix the avocado mix into the gelatine
- Pour the mixture over the biscuits and leave to set in the fridge for 4 hours before serving
Disclosure: I will receive a R200 Woolworths shopping voucher for taking part in this challenge. The winning recipe will win a R2000 Woolworths shopping voucher as well as a ZZ2 hamper. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged: