Bananas, Green Peppers And Fish
My friend Michala sent me this recipe, for the pepper challenge, which her mum invented while they were staying in Tanzania. It is called bananas, green peppers and fish.
Bananas, Green Peppers and Fish
- any white firm fleshed sustainable fish steaks or fillets
- 4 ripe bananas sliced lengthwise
- 2 preferably green peppers (can be roasted first and skin removed) and sliced into strips
- 60 mls soy sauce
- 15 mls white wine
- Pre heat oven to 180C .
- Arrange fish, bananas and roasted green peppers in an oven proof dish in 3 rows, (fish in the middle)
- add soy sauce and wine
- cover with foil, and steam till done.
- You bake the dish for 20- 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. It's done when the fish flakes easily and the bananas are slightly mushy.
- Serve with steamed rice and extra soy sauce.
I must say that this is a flavour combination I cannot imagine. To me, cooked bananas are for desserts. And I never cook them at home as Dave is not a fan at all. As for green peppers, they are the one vegetable I will push aside no matter how served. Would you give this recipe a try?