I had an idea for a black forest soft serve for years. It just took me a while to actually make it. This is a no churn recipe with texture from the chocolate chunks. I photographed this on the hottest day we have had so far this year. The drips down the cone took me right back to my childhood, and summer holidays at the coast.
You might recall what a palava we had with Visas this year? Well, after Carli and Hannah had submitted their Schengen application I learned why. The request was for certain documents to be certified and this is because they are sent to The Netherlands. Visa applications are assessed in Holland and as such they would have no other way of knowing if the documents are genuine copies. They do give a warning that 15 working days are needed for the process. But I am pleased to report that it only took 8 working days in total. For the first time ever we did not get back all the papers submitted. Who knows if they are destroyed, or archived? But I have filed all of this information away for Dave’s application in the new year.
I will ask our accountant to certify every page of his passport. Thankfully it is a new one so he only has a few pages stamped. I will also ensure that the documents we submit are stamped and certified rather than having to go back. I do not need a new Schengen Visa as my passport does not expire for some time still. The last Visa I got was for a two year period. It will expire before our trip next October but thankfully that application is through the Italian Embassy. And hopefully they will give me a long term Visa like previously as I am running out of pages in my passport!
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Black Forest Soft Serve
- 125 mls cherry liqueur
- 500 mls cream
- 385 g condensed milk
- 50 g cherry jam
- 150 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Place the liqueur into a small sauce pan and set over a medium temperature to simmer
- Leave until reduced by half and then set aside to cool
- Pour the cream into a bowl of a stand mixer
- Whisk until soft peaks form and while whisking slowly pour in the condensed milk
- Stop whisking once combined and add the liqueur, jam and chocolate
- Fold through and then place the soft serve into a freezer proof container
- Leave to freeze for at least 4 hours before serving