It is freezing cold here – and by that I actually mean that the temperature is hovering in the teens with it averaging about 15° Celsius during the day. We don’t really experience weather in the single digits, and every now and then in the middle of winter, we have an extremely hot day. Dave has swum in the sea on the 28th of June, right in the middle of winter. I am not that brave however. I will though eat a cold bowl of sorbet on those warm winter days and as they are always unexpected I make sure that I have a container safe and sound in the freezer.
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Blackcurrant And Vodka Sorbet ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
This summer I played around with a lot of various flavour combinations. The sorbets were not lasting that long during the heat wave and so our choices changed every few days. One flavour I wanted to try was blackcurrant and vodka. I managed to get some frozen blackcurrants from the berry farm and I always have a bottle of good vodka in the freezer. I liked the boozy flavour combination and it made a perfect summer’s afternoon refresher. Alcoholic sorbet does not freeze as solidly as child friendly sorbet does, so you have to make sure you get it from plate to spoon quite quickly! Or you could make an ice cold drink from the blackcurrant and vodka sorbet.
what alcohol would you add to your sorbet?
Blackcurrant And Vodka Sorbet
- 500 g blackcurrants (frozen weight)
- 15 mls lemon juice
- 190 mls simple syrup
- 50 mls vodka
- Thaw the blackcurrants overnight in the fridge
- Blend the blackcurrants in a food processor with the lemon juice until juiced
- Pass through a chinois and measure off 300mls of the juice
- Add the simple syrup and mix well
- Churn in your ice cream maker
- Add the vodka halfway through the churning process
- Freeze in an airtight container
What I blogged: