I thought long and hard about what my entry would be to the Woolworths soup competition and decided that this easy and delicious Broccoli And Cheese Soup could possibly be a winner. I have received so many comments about this recipe and I am hoping that this fits in with the easy ready to heat soups that Woolworths sell.
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 4 leeks sliced
- 1 head broccoli stalks cut into cubes and head into florets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 4 cups grated cheese
- Place the potatoes and the leeks in a soup pot.
- Cover with water, add salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli stems and stock and simmer.
- Blanche the florets in a separate pot of water.
- Refresh in cold water and then purée.
- Remove the soup base from the heat and allow to cool.
- Purée the soup, add the broccoli and return to the heat.
- Add the cream and cheese and serve as soon as the cheese as melted.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
For more recipes as simple and easy as this, purchase a copy of my cook book Lavender and Lime