I wanted to make Chicken Cacciatore but decided when I got home to use this as the inspiration for a meal that would include corn, as I also had a craving for chicken noodle soup! This resulted in my recipe for Chicken And Corn Hunter Style. I love using Italian dishes as my inspiration. I find that their use of flavours and combinations is always good. Chicken cacciatore it one of my favourite Italian dishes.
This photograph in no ways does the meal justice. The chicken was tender and dish so very tasty. I always use free range chickens and would recommend you do the same. This ensures that your chicken has no added anti-biotics or growth hormones. They are fed a good diet that does not include fish meal. And there will be no brine injected into the meat. This is always the risk when you buy non free range birds, or frozen chicken. Also make sure you use the best quality olive oil and white wine when you cook this dish.
Chicken and Corn | Hunter Style
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 15 mls olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 125 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ear sweetcorn, corn removed
- 125 mls white wine
- 5 mls arrowroot
- 1 bundle glass noodles
- brown the chicken pieces in a casserole dish and remove
- heat the olive oil and fry the leek until it is soft
- add the mushrooms and the corn
- heat and then add the chicken and the wine
- cover with water and leave to simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes
- add the arrow root and reduce the sauce until it is thick
- boil the noodles for 3 minutes
- serve and enjoy!
This recipe is a great one to have in your repertoire. I make if often using left over roast chicken.