I really like the fact that my Chocolate Angel Food Cake is fat free. It means I can enjoy more than one slice at a time, ignoring how much sugar actually goes into it. Dave and I devoured this cake in 24 hours.
A few weeks ago I was helping my cousin’s wife book their flights to Europe. There was not much involved in doing the booking. The first flight was a direct flight to Amsterdam from Cape Town. The second flight is to Paris. And the return flight back to Cape Town had to be direct. We were playing around, looking at the prices for the various classes. Once the dates and seat options had been decided upon I went ahead and processed the booking. Right at the end I made an error, putting the name in for the second passenger incorrectly. I had the first name where the surname needed to be. Of course I could not make a change at this stage and so decided to wait till the booking went off the profile before starting over. While waiting I added my cousin to the rewards program.
It was only after I did this that I noticed the flight dates were incorrect. So, my error saved me from sending them overseas 2 days earlier than planned. I started over, getting the dates correct and managed to process the booking in no time at all. That was one error I was really grateful for. I also made an error the first time I made my Chocolate Angel Food Cake. Once I had 10 egg whites saved up in the freezer I had a second go at baking it. I love this cake and it is going to become a regular in our home as I tend to go through a lot of egg yolks.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- 10 egg whites
- 5 mls cream of tartar
- 2.5 mls salt
- 300 g caster sugar divided - I used fructose
- 105 g flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 170° Celsius
- Place the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt into a stand mixing bowl
- Using a balloon whisk, whisk on high for 1 minute
- Slowly add 200g caster sugar until a stiff meringue forms
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa powder and remaining caster sugar
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the meringue
- Place into a Bundt tin / silicone pan
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin
Sharing the blog love:
Pretty in pink angel food cake
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime December 5:
- 2014 – Out And About: Friday 5 December 2014
- 2013 – Chocolate Confectioners Custard
- 2012 – Choosing A Blogging Platform
- 2011 – Friday’s Food Quiz Number 67