I was extremely lucky to be gifted a HUGE bag of clemengolds and set about making all sorts of lovely goodies with the produce. You can see my recipe for candied clemengolds here. I chose to make a clemengold cake using my standard cake recipe which is a no fail one in my opinion.
or the recipe for my poached crayfish here
so, with some of the left over clemengold syrup, I decided to make my standard cake recipe with a little twist!
- 125 mls sugar syrup
- 2 eggs
- 125 mls flour
- 15 mls baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 5 mls ground cinnamon
- 125 g butter
- preheat the oven to 175° Celsius
- whisk together the sugar syrup and the eggs
- sieve the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix
- add the butter and mix until well combined
- pour into a prepared baking tin and bake for 25 minutes
- allow to cool before removing from the tin