I went a little bit overboard with my shopping and bought too many vegetables. Not wanting anything to go to waste I made this courgette soup. Marrows are one of Dave’s favourite ingredients so this was a winning meal.
I am always sceptical when I see adverts on Facebook. Especially when they send you to a site to purchase something. A while back an advert for a bracelet appeared in my feed. The bracelet caught my eye as I knew it was something my sister would love. And the cause being supported was one I could get behind. Regrow Australia is planting one tree for every bracelet sold. When we had the devastating fires in Knysna I paid for 3 trees to be planted. One in memory of my Uncle, one for my parents, and one for us. So the idea of purchasing something and getting a tree planted really appealed to me. As payment could be done by PayPal I felt a little more confident about spending my money.
I know PayPal has fantastic consumer protection in place and if it was a hoax site, I would get my money back. I asked my niece for help in choosing the best bracelet for my sister, placed my order and made my payment. The notification from PayPal came through straight away with a name that was not the same. And my sceptic radar went on high alert. When the tracking email arrived in my inbox I was even more doubtful as the bracelet was not coming from Australia. But, within a week my sister had a surprise gift and I had made a difference. Not only to the regrowth after the fires, but to my sister. Do you ever buy something online without being 100% certain it is a genuine site? And if so, what payment method do you use to protect yourself?
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 15 mls olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 450 g courgettes, thickly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 750 mls vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram, leaves picked
- Place the olive oil into a sauce pan and heat over a medium temperature
- Add the leeks and sauté until soft
- Then add the courgettes and season well
- Cook for a few minutes then add the stock and marjoram
- Bring to a boil then reduce the temperature, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Blend using a stick blender, adjust the seasoning and heat before serving
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime March 15:
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Top of Page