We were away for the weekend and so I am only getting to Friday’s Food Quiz Number 61 this morning. Thanks Pink for all the hard work that goes into this quiz 🙂
1. What is a Fraisier?
Thanks to all the blog posts last week, I know this refers to a cake, and not the TV sitcom
2. What does the cooking terminology “Balloutine” means?
This was the Top Chef quickfire challenge this Saturday night, and the same dish I had for my 40th. A ballotine is a protein that has been boned, stuffed and rolled and is then poached or braised.
3. What is the difference between a Sorbet and a Granita?
A Sorbet is made from sweetened water and a purée of fruit to which you can add alcohol. A citrus or savoury sorbet is often served as a palate cleanser. A granita, which is similar to a sorbet in ingredients has a coarser texture.
4. What toxin in potatoes causes it to turn green when exposed to sunlight?
Something that happens to mine quite often! Solanine?
5. What is the meaning of the term “tartness”, when describing a taste?
Something that is sour?
6. What is a Biscuit Joconde Imprime/Entremet?
a decorative cake consisting of many layers
7. Fennel is native to which countries?
Greece and Italy
8. What is a Kulfi?
An Indian dessert which is milk based
9. Which one of these four is not a stone fruit? Peach, Pomegranate, Mango or Cherry?
10. What is Elachi more commonly known as?