Here is another OLD post of a quiz posted by PinkPolkaDot. And my answers to Friday’s Food Quiz Number 8.
1. What is the difference between mushrooms and truffles?
a mushroom is a fungus that grows above ground where as a truffle grows below ground
2. What is a smorgasbord?
a table of mixed foods to be shared, like a mezze platter, but from Scandanavian countries
3. What is traditionally added to risotto Milanese?
4. Where is beer not considered an alcoholic drink, but legally a staple food?
5. What is a beignet?
oh my favourite accompaniment to hot chocolate at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans 🙂 I describe them as the doughnut holes and they are scattered with castor sugar
6. Capsaicin, which makes hot peppers “hot”, is best neutralized by which protein?
7. What is the difference between amaretti and amaretto?
amaretti are biscuits made with almonds, and amaretto is almond liqueur
8. Which Japanese dish is cooked at the table?
9. Why do bananas sweeten as they ripen?
the starch develops
10. What are blondies?
11. What flour is made from finely ground chickpeas?
12. What is arachibutyrophobia?
the fear of touching spiders
13. Which fruit is said to have grown in the hanging gardens of Babylon?
14. Name the Moroccan mixture that has 20 or more ground spices and is used for seasoning soups and stews?
15. Which resin is related to the pistachio and used for flavouring Turkish delight?
14 thoughts on “Food Quiz Number 8 For A Friday”
This was really fun and an interesting read tonight.. I learned quite a few new facts:) (I’m almost embarrassed to admit I’d always wondered what blondies were… now it makes perfect sense (and I’m a blonde, so that explains not knowing!)
I am glad you learned something new – I find most week’s, I do as well 🙂
Your quiz is always fun. Sneaky putting spiders in a food quiz.
that answer may have been a total guess!
Now I really want risotto Milanese!
Any type of risotto works for me 🙂
number 4 comes as no surprise…LOL!
I think I guessed that answer 🙂
Tandy, I love reading your quiz…
Always, learning something 🙂
Thanks and have a wonderful week ahead!
it is my pleasure to share these old posts – and I wish you a fantastic week as well 🙂
A great quiz & I had the most anwsers right!
that is awesome Sophie 🙂