If you love Italian blue cheese and mushrooms then you will love these Gorgonzola mushrooms. This is the perfect side dish for steak or pork.
Those of you who are regular readers of my blog will know that I really need routine. And part of that routine has been writing down my recipes every night. I used to keep a food diary and it evolved with this blog to a recipe diary. I am so far behind in putting the recipes from my notes onto my blog that I have in fact stopped jotting down recipes every night. This has been quite liberating as I can just cook comfort food. And, Dave is also cooking which has been wonderful for me. It has been a mini time out. With that in mind, I will share with you the fact that I made this dish for Gorgonzola mushrooms on the 25th of February! My mid year sojourn will at least mean that sometime in the near future I will be blogging ‘current recipes’ and not ones that appear to be out of season, or with photographs taken in haste.
- 6 rashers bacon
- 100 g Gorgonzola
- 4 large brown mushrooms, stalk removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 20 mls basil pesto
- preheat the oven to 200° Celsius
- cut up the bacon and fry in a dry pan until the fat has rendered down
- remove from the pan and set aside while you pan fry the flesh side of the mushrooms
- season the exposed side, add the cut up bacon and the gorgonzola
- bake in the oven for 5 minutes
- then put under the grill for a further 5 minutes
- top each mushroom with a teaspoon of the pesto