I bought a bottle of prepared horseradish that claimed it would be hot. But that claim was misleading, as the horseradish is so mild it is not even worth eating. As I don’t like to waste, I made this horseradish cream to add flavour to both the contents of the bland bottle, as well as my meat.
There are many things wrong in South Africa. Between corruption and ineptitude, lots of things just do not work as they should. Our electricity supply is expensive, and prone to breaking down. The National Airline has run at a loss for so long that it is not even worth lifting off the ground. And many other parastatals are huge drains on our economy. But the one thing that has worked extremely well is how our vaccine rollout has been handled. I stand very much in the minority of my friends when it comes to having had the vaccine. But to me it was a no-brainer as I am choosing life. And I have protected my health as well as that of those around me. A month ago I was due for my booster shot so I went to my local pharmacy where I was attended straight away.
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Horseradish Cream ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
My details where checked on a Tablet and it was confirmed that I was not ill, pregnant (🤣) or had been vaccinated for flu within the past two weeks. I was then seen by the sister who jabbed my arm before filling in my vaccine card. She pressed a few buttons on the Tablet and asked me to wait for 10 minutes so as to ensure I had no immediate reaction to the vaccine that required medical attention. No sooner had I sat down than the SMS came through to say I had received my vaccine. And straight away my vaccine certificate had been updated. I just really wish that whoever is running this sector of our public health can be moved to run Eskom. With this sort of efficiency we should have all our electricity issues dealt with in no time at all. Have you had your booster shot?
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
- 60 mls prepared horseradish
- 15 mls crème fraîche
- 10 mls lemon juice
- 10 mls apple cider vinegar
- 2.5 mls English mustard powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Place the horseradish, crème fraîche, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard powder into a bowl and mix together
- Season to taste,cover the bowl with cling film and place into the fridge for the flavours develop
- If you don’t use all of the cream at once, store in a sterilized glass jar in the fridge and use as needed
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime March 25:
- 2020: Routine And Why It Is Important Right Now
- 2019: Coconut Chicken Curry
- 2018: Power And Empire
- 2016: March 2016 In My Garden March
- 2015: Food For Your Brood
- 2013: Sourdough English Muffins
- 2011: Snoek Soufflé