This kiwi fruit salsa recipe forms part of the #Zespri Challenge I am taking part in.
Today, the challenge for Zespri® 14 Day Daily Scoop of Amazing reads:
Cooking is a great family bonding activity. Try out some of the new recipes from your thumb drive and share the experience with your readers.
We were given a thumb drive together with our 28 kiwi fruit and the recipe on the drive is for Roast Chicken Breast with Kiwi Salsa. I only looked at the drive yesterday just before I went shopping and so I decided to not make the roast chicken part of the recipe. I gave you a lovely chicken salad to kick off the challenge and so I wanted to try the kiwi fruit salsa with something different. I chose smoked kippers – one of my favourite treats to accompany the salsa. It cut right through the oiliness of the fish. I would recommend you try this with snoek or mackerel or your next roast chicken meal. I did not follow the recipe 100 percent so what you see here is my version. For the original recipe please click this link.
Kiwi Fruit Salsa Recipe
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 5 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 15 mls rice wine vinegar
- 2.5 mls chilli salt flakes, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and leave to marinade for an hour before serving
Disclosure: I have been provided with 28 kiwi fruit to take part in this challenge as well as the give aways. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged:
- one year ago – Miss Melicious Cupcakes
- two years ago – Saul’s Strand
- three years ago – Friday’s Food Quiz