Willow Creek Olive Estate recently extended their range of flavoured olive oils and they sent me a bottle of the Persian Lime Olive Oil to try out. This award winning olive oil is so heady with lime that I am absolutely in love with it. Willow Creek recommend searing some tuna in this oil, but I wanted to think a little bit outside of the box and so I created a recipe for an olive oil ice cream using this flavour. The lime was so refreshing in the heat of summer, and despite the ice cream using olive oil as an ingredient it was not fatty at all. I have also marinated some olives in the Persian Lime Olive Oil, together with some indigenous rosemary, garlic flowers and garlic cloves.
Olive Oil Ice Cream
- 250 mls milk
- 250 mls cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 85 g fructose
- 60 mls olive oil
- Place the milk and the cream into a sauce pan and bring up to blood temperature over a medium heat
- Whisk the egg yolks and fructose until they are at a ribbon stage
- Pour half the milk mixture onto the eggs, whisking all the time
- Return the egg mixture to the milk, and stir continuously until a custard forms
- Remove from the heat, pour into a jug and refrigerate overnight
- Stir in the olive oil and churn until thick
- Place into a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 4 hours
Disclosure: I was sent the bottle of olive oil as a gift. All opinions and facts in this post are my own. I was not required to write a blog post in exchange for this gift. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged: