This orange and cinnamon posset recipe can be made ahead and is great for dinner parties.
I love ‘firsts’ – and they are usually what memories are made of. I can remember the first time I met Dave, and what I thought. The first time I raced a car and how it felt. The first time I was in charge of an international motorsport event and the impact of what happened at it on my life. I can remember the first time I dipped my spoon into a posset and thinking, WOW, this is a great dessert. I loved the texture on my tongue, and the taste sensation of the dish and I knew straight away that I would have to make this for my next dinner party. It is a dessert that you make the day before, which means that on the night of your party, you don’t have to worry about being in the kitchen too long. This can give you time to set the table, light the candles, and even take a long lie in a bath before your guests arrive. You can meet them all relaxed and ready for the night ahead.
Orange And Cinnamon Posset
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 100 g fructose
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600 mls cream
- Place the zest, juice, fructose and cinnamon stick into a pan on a medium heat and stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved
- Allow to simmer while you carry on stirring until you have a thick syrup
- Remove from the heat and pour into the cream
- Place the mixture back on to the heat and turn it down low
- Gently whisk while the mixture simmers and it becomes thick and shiny
- Sieve the mixture through a chinois into a jug
- Now pour equal measures into port glasses or espresso cups
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 2 hours to set before serving