Pasta is a regular meal in our house, and you will see lots of recipes for pasta on this blog. Many are similar but all are comforting. This one for Pasta With Mushrooms, Bacon And Tomato is easy to do – it will take you as long as it takes to cook the pasta! On a Sunday night we tend to make simple meals using what ever is in the fridge to make a pasta sauce. Three ingredients that you will always find in my fridge are mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes. No weekend breakfast is complete without bacon and I call this a condiment. It adds flavour and the bacon fat can be used in so many ways.
- 200g spaghetti
- 15mls olive oil
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 rashers streaky bacon sliced
- while you are cooking the pasta heat the olive oil in a frying pan
- add the mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon and cook through
- when you drain the pasta reserve some of the water to loosen the sauce
- toss it all together in the pan and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.