Peppadews ® are grown in South Africa and is the brand name established by the Limpopo based company which first started farming the product. It is a piquanté pepper which can be used in numerous dishes. When we were catering functions we would stuff the peppadews with feta and basil to serve as a canapé. I have used them to stuff chicken breasts and I always have a bottle in the fridge for just in case. This night was one of them. I made peppadew pasta as a simple weekday meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 125 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 PEPPADEW® Piquanté Peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 30g watercress, chopped
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- while you get the pasta cooking, add the olive oil to a large frying pan
- fry the mushrooms until cooked
- add the tomatoes, the garlic and the peppadews
- when the tomatoes are cooked add the crème fraîche and the watercress
- add the pasta and place into your bowl
- add the Parmesan
Click on the links for conversions and notes.