This simple sugar syrup recipe is amazing. You can make a huge batch and keep it in the fridge for when you need it. I use mine mainly for poaching fruit in. I just add some spices to add oomph to the flavour.
I can never assume that my readers know everything. It was a lesson I learnt from a professor at university. He told me that when answering an exam question I must assume that the person marking my paper knew nothing about the topic. This meant that my answers were quite long and precise but it also explains the high marks I received. Often when reading a recipe there is an assumption made that the person who has bought the book, or who is reading the blog post, will know what the chef or blogger means for each ingredient and every instruction. I hope I’ve never done that to you! So, when a recipe calls for a simple sugar syrup without saying how to make one some people may be left flummoxed. To make sure you never feel that way, here is my simple recipe.
is there an ingredient on my blog you want to know more about?
Simple Sugar Syrup
- Place the ingredients into a medium size pan and over a medium heat bring to the boil
- Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved
- Turn the heat off and prepare a water bath by placing some ice in a large bowl with 15mls of water
- Place a smaller bowl on top of the water bath
- Carefully pour the hot syrup into the smaller bowl
- Continue to stir until cool
- Place into sterilized glass jars
- and refrigerate until needed
What I blogged: