Sous vide chicken fillets are my go to meal during the week. Dave works late every Thursday night and I can just pop these into the sous vide cooker and leave them. When he gets home we pop them into the pan to finish off and add colour.
Sometimes I have to query the hand luggage allowance on a plane. For convenience, Dave and I share a carry-on bag. The suitcase alone weighs around about 2.5kgs. We are allowed between 7 and 8 kgs depending on which airline we fly. However, with our one bag the weight we take onto the plane is 11kgs. Now, imagine I took out the 3kgs of excess weight? If I put that into another case, we would actually end up taking more than 13kgs on board with us. This does not make sense to me at all. In my opinion the airlines should allow any carry-on luggage on board as long as the maximum weight per person does not exceed 8kgs. And this should include the weight of handbags and laptop bags. To me it is not really about the weight, but about the space.
Today’s inspiration ♥ Recipe For Sous Vide Chicken Fillets ♥ can be found on Lavender and Lime Click To Tweet
So often we get onto a flight and there is no space in the overhead locker. We either end up with our case nowhere near us. Or we have to move everything around to get our luggage into the space available, making for a tight squeeze. And it is amazing how many people get upset when you move all their luggage to make space for your one item. Where you do want a tight squeeze is when you are using your sous vide cooker. By laying the chicken fillets side by side, and flat in the bag you can get a good vacuum seal. This is imperative when making these sous vide chicken fillets. You can also make them in advance and just finish them off in the pan when you are reading to eat.
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Sous Vide Chicken Fillets
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 15 g butter
- Season your chicken fillets generously and place into a sous vide bag
- Vacuum seal and place into a sous vide cooker set to 65º Celsius
- Cook for between 90 minutes and 4 hours
- Remove from the cooker and remove from the bag
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a medium to high temperature until frothing
- Place the chicken fillets into the pan and fry for a minute per side to add colour