I was sent two bottles of liqueur by Four Cousins in order to take part in this challenge. This recipe for Strawberrylicious Cup Cakes is in line with my blogging policy.
I tend to bake every weekend if I have the time. It is mainly because I love to have something sweet after dinner every night. I also love to share what I bake and I usually send half of what I have made home with James, my step son. On the weekend of the 12th and 13th of October I spent quite some time in my kitchen making and baking for my blog. I also baked some bread rolls for James as he is house sitting for us as well as some bread for Dave to have at lunch time at work. I made a dozen cup cakes and as soon as they were iced and photographed I sent James a whatsapp message telling him that cupcakes were being served until 16h30. Sadly for him, he was not in the village. The plus side for me is that I have had more cup cakes to eat – and most of them were eaten at tea time as they are so good. As part of the creamgenius recipe creations I used the Four Cousins Strawberry Cream and as you bite into them you can smell the strawberries. To cut the sweetness I made a very simple icing using cream and dark chocolate.
What is your after dinner treat?
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Strawberrylicious Cup Cakes ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
Strawberrylicious Cup Cakes
- 75 g butter
- 220 g fructose
- 1 egg
- 2.5 mls vanilla essence
- 310 g flour
- 5 mls baking powder
- 125 mls Strawberry Cream
- 80 mls coconut water
- 15 mls cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 170° Celsius
- Cream the butter and fructose until light and soft
- Add the egg and the vanilla to the butter and mix until well combined
- Mix together the flour and the baking powder
- Whisk together the strawberry cream, coconut water and cocoa
- Add a third of the flour to the butter and mix until well combined
- Add half of the liquid to the batter and mix until well combined
- Repeat, ending with the last of the flour, mixing well between each addition
- Divide the batter equally between the cup cake liners
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes
- Remove the cup cakes from the tin and leave to cool completely before icing
I am in Italy until the 30th of October and will reply to blog comments then. If you want to follow along on our holiday please read our daily blog here.
What I blogged: