Taste Of Johannesburg competition now closed!
I am really pleased to be teaming up with Taste of Johannesburg again this year to give away tickets to the event. The event will be held from the 27th – 30th September at Montecasino. In order to be considered for the prize – 2 sets of 2 tickets, all you have to do is tell me why you would like to go. The winner will be randomly selected and emails sent to the winners. Please include in your comment your full name and which session you would like to attend.
For more details, please read the press release below:
Pick n Pay Taste of Joburg 2012 Restaurant List Announced
With just under a month to go before this year’s Taste of Joburg begins at the Montecasino Outdoor Event Area, the final list of restaurants for this year’s event has been announced.
“We really didn’t have to dig deep this year,” says Taste Festivals Director, Justine Drake. “The days of Joburg being seen as Cape Town’s poor culinary cousin are definitely over. What we have this year are 13 of the City’s top restaurants as well as our own Taste Pop-Up restaurant where a handful of guest chefs will ‘pop’ in to cook their signature dishes during a Taste session.”
Pick n Pay Taste of Joburg Restaurant List 2012:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel (Executive Chef Hanroe Erasmus)
- Blue Feather Fine Dining and Bistro (Executive Chef Mitch Clark)
- dw eleven-13 (Chef Patron Marthinus Ferreira)
- La Cucina Di Ciro (Chef Patron Ciro Molinaro)
- Mastrantonio Group (Chef Pino Donzella)
- Padbok Thai and Sushi Restaurant (Chef Patron Bank – Supasin Kangasadal)
- Piccolo Mondo at The Michelangelo (Executive Chef Andrew Atkinson)
- Prosopa & Al Dente (Chef Patron Dino Fagas)
- roots@ Forum Homini (Executive Chef Adriaan Maree)
- Sel et Poivre and Le Petit Sel Bistro (Chef Patron Coco Reinarhz)
- Thava Indian Restaurant (Chef Patron Matthew Abraham and Consulting Executive Chef Philippe Frydman)
- Vivace Restaurant at the Radisson Blu, Sandton (Executive Chef Vonique van Zyl)
- Yamato Japanese Restaurant (Chef Patron Cristina Sato)
- Taste Pop-Up Restaurant
- Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient (Executive Chef Chantel Dartnall)
- Eat (Chef Patron Arnold Tanzer)
- Cube Tasting Kitchen (Chef Patron Dario di Angeli)
“This list of restaurants is further complemented by the award-winning wineries, premium drinks brands, extraordinary exhibitors and entertainment on offer,” continues Drake. “We guarantee that there will be something sensational on offer to appeal to every palate and taste at this year’s Pick n Pay Taste of Joburg.”
- Follow @TasteOfJoburg on twitter or like facebook.com/TasteofJoburg for regular updates.
- Tickets are priced from R80 and include a tasting glass.
- Booking is recommended.
- For more information and bookings visit www.tasteofjoburg.com or www.itickets.co.za
Thursday 27th September: 18h30- 22h30
Friday 28th September: 18h30- 22h30
Saturday 29th September: 13h00- 17h00; 18h30- 22h30
Sunday 30th September: 12h00- 17h00
Disclosure: I was approached to give tickets away for this event and I am not being compensated to do so. This is in line with my blogging policy.
I am in Port Elizabeth and will return to Gordons Bay on the 18th of September – I will reply to blog comments then. This post has been scheduled in advance.