My friend Cindy has prompted me to do a pasta dish post once a week – I could do a post every day, as this is the most frequently eaten dish in our house. It can take under 30 minutes from preparation to serving, perfect for a working family. This week I made Pasta With Red Pepper, Sausage, Tomato And Mushroom. We always have tomatoes and mushrooms in the fridge as these goes in to our salad which we eat most nights when the weather is warm enough. I don’t often buy peppers or capsicums as they are called in Australia but when I do I make sure none of them are green. I used one here to make the pasta dish but as the packet usually contains three I end up roasting the balance and putting them into a jar with some olive oil to use at a later stage. These are great used in a salad made with cous cous.
- pasta of your choice
- 15mls coconut oil
- 125g mushrooms chopped
- 15mls olive oil
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 small sausages sliced
- 125g tomatoes, chopped
- get your pasta on the go and then make the sauce
- over a moderate heat, melt the coconut oil and add the mushrooms
- as soon as they start cooking add the olive oil
- then add the red pepper
- as soon as they start cooking, add the sausage
- when the sausages are cooked and the tomatoes
- then add to the pasta and serve
Click on the links for conversions and notes.