Below is the outline to my policy, how to work with me, and POPIA South Africa.
As a blogger many opportunities come my way, and I am grateful to each and every one of them. I am happy to work with corporate sponsors, restaurants, tourism operators, PR firms and advertising agencies. I welcome the opportunity for paid advertising and other activities, including travel, reviews, competitions and giveaways.
Please feel free to send me invitations to attend events that centre around food, as well as lifestyle activities such as travel and hotels. A plus one invitation is appreciated for evening and weekend functions. I am available to work on a freelance basis for recipe writing, development and testing, writing of blog posts, proof reading and reviewing. If you are interested in partnering with me, or would like to advertise on Lavender and Lime please send me a proposal via email. A rate card will be sent to you upon request, together with my media kit.
It is important to me that I write with honesty and integrity at all times. As such, all forms of sponsorship are disclosed. My reviews are honest and the opinions expressed are my own. Providing me with product, travel or a dining experience will not affect the outcome of any review. Sending me products to road test or inviting me to an event will not necessarily guarantee a published review. Please note that unless negotiated, all links on this site are ‘nofollow’ links.
Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 December 2015
What I collect
The following information may be collected:
- contact information including email address and IP address
- demographic information
- other information relevant to this website
What is done with the information gathered
I require this information to know who is commenting on my website
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyze data about web page traffic and improve the website. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings. Gourmet Ads primary ad server is Appnexus and you can opt out of cookies from them by clicking here and Opting Out.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required to do so by law. If you believe that any information being held on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact me via email.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (POPIA) SOUTH AFRICA
Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime is committed to the adherence of national and international legislation and regulations pertaining to the safeguarding of Data Privacy and the Protection of Personal Information when processed by any person, whether natural or juristic in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (4) 2013 (POPIA) and/or similar international legislation. Further, the purpose for which personal information will be collected and processed is to ensure that such personal information and documentation is verified and vetted to promote compliance with Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime’s policies and thus prevent fraudulent and/or corrupt activities
- Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime shall collect, process, and store the personal information for the purpose intended, and that it shall proceed to act in accordance with the provisions of POPIA in collecting, processing, and storing the personal information.
- During the working relationship between yourself and Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime, you acknowledge and consent to the processing of the personal information for any purpose relating to the administration, management and operations of Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime’s legitimate purposes or legal obligations by Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime or anyone acting on behalf of Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime.
- Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime undertakes not to disclose any personal information unless it is legally or contractually required or for its legitimate purposes. Similarly, you have the corresponding obligation to Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime in this regard.
- You acknowledge that Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime will use reasonable efforts in order to ensure that your personal information in its possession or processed on its behalf is kept confidential, stored in a secure manner and processed in terms of POPIA and for the purposes for which Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime has been authorised. Similarly, you have the corresponding obligation to Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime in this regard.
- You declare that all personal information supplied to Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime for the purposes of procurement and related legal and operational reasons is accurate, up to date, is not misleading and that it is complete in all respects. The provision of misleading information by you may lead to termination of the business relationship with Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime. It shall always remain your responsibility to immediately advise Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime of any change to its personal information should any of your details change including, but not limited to, a change of ownership or control in your business.
- By continuing to engage with Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime, you hereby provide your consent to Tandy Sinclair | Lavender and Lime to process its personal information, as provided above, and acknowledges that it understands the purpose for which it is required and for which it will be used.