My friend Pink has posted the quiz early this week, which means I can get it done before the end of Friday! Here are my answers to Friday’s Food Quiz Number 59.
1. What is the difference between chowder and soup?
Soups can either be thin broths or thick soups, and a chowder is a thick soup
2. What are the basic ingredients of fruit curd?
I use eggs, butter and the juice of the fruit
3. What is the difference between fruit preserves and fruit conserves?
a preserve can be any formed of preserved fruit i.e. jams, marmalade, chutneys etc. A conserve is jam
4. What are Jerusalem artichokes?
5. The Marula fruit is native to which country?
6. What is hyssop?
it is a herb and happens to be one of the many ingredients in absinthe
7. What is Cape pondweed better known as?
It must be a waterblommetjie – and if I am right I now know the English term!
8. What does gratinéed means in culinary terms?
topped with cheese and bread crumbs
9. What is dombolo better known as?
I have never heard of this!
10. Why is raita served with curries?