My friend Pink has posted the quiz early this week, which means I can get it done before the end of Friday!
1. What is the difference between chowder and soup?
Soups can either be thin broths or thick soups, and a chowder is a thick soup
2. What are the basic ingredients of fruit curd?
I use eggs, butter and the juice of the fruit
3. What is the difference between fruit preserves and fruit conserves?
a preserve can be any formed of preserved fruit i.e. jams, marmalade, chutneys etc. A conserve is jam
4. What are Jerusalem artichokes?
5. The Marula fruit is native to which country?
6. What is hyssop?
it is a herb and happens to be one of the many ingredients in absinthe
7. What is Cape pondweed better known as?
It must be a waterblommetjie – and if I am right I now know the English term!
8. What does gratinéed means in culinary terms?
topped with cheese and bread crumbs
9. What is dombolo better known as?
I have never heard of this!
10. Why is raita served with curries?
I serve it to cool my mouth when I make my curry too hot for my palate