2013 Pick ‘n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival, Gourmet Evening Ticket Give Away
Set to run from the 28th of June to the 7th of July, this year’s Pick ‘n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival will be the first one I am attending. My mother-in-law has recently moved into a new house in Sedgefield and Dave and I are going to go and visit her. She has moved down from Johannesburg and at the age of 92 I find this amazing and wonderful. She lives alone, and I cannot wait to see her new home. Of course, with her living closer to us we will be able to see her more often. Dave and I go to Sedgefield a few times a year so our visits will be doubly good. We will not be there for the whole festival period but for those of you that will be in the area, here are a few highlights to look forward to:
- Weather permitting, two naval ships will pass through the Knysna Heads on the 2nd of July
- The Pick n Pay Women’s Walk on the 7th of July will raise funds for PinkDrive, an organisation that provides free breast cancer screening and health education for women who cannot afford it
- The Young Oyster Festival will now have a dedicated Kids Zone complete with popcorn, candy floss and all things necessary for exciting and entertaining kids
- The Pick n Pay Flavours of Knysna gourmet evening will showcase local wines and Knysna’s restaurants who will compete in an oyster cooking competition
- The oyster shucking and oyster eating competitions have been combined into one event, to be MC’d by a top South African comedian, Nik Rabinowitz, at the Tabasco Oyster Shuckle
- Festival-goers can sample oysters – cooked and au natural – at designated Oyster Hotspot restaurants offering fantastic prices throughout the festival
I am giving away a pair of tickets to the Gourmet Evening to be held on the 3rd of July. These tickets are worth R150 per person.
How to enter:
Competition now closed!
Conditions of entry:
- you must be able to attend the evening under your own travel arrangements
- the prize is one set of double tickets and it may not be exchanged for cash
- you may enter as many times as you like
- entries close at midnight on the 9th of June 2013
- I will choose the winner and random and inform the winner by email. I will send one email only and if you do not respond within 24 hours I will choose another winner.
- I will pass on the winner’s information to Theresa Lozier and she will be responsible for getting the tickets to you.
Disclosure: I was not compensated in any way to host this give away. This is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged:
- one year ago – hummus
- two years ago – broad (fava) bean and pea farfolloni
- three years ago – pasta with salmon and avocado