This post is a summary, published on Friday 21 March 2014, to showcase where we have been out and about.
Dave and I have been out and about enjoying a lot of meals!
- At the beginning of February we ate at Pomegranate Restaurant as part of the Stellenbosch Wine Festival celebrations. If you have not eaten there I can recommend a visit on a Sunday for lunch so that you can experience the duck parade.
- Then for Valentines Day we ate at Waterkloof – Greg as usual created the most stunning meal.
- On the 13th we went to Vergenoegd Wines for the harvest dinner. There is one more left for this year and if you are interested in booking a seat at the table contact Nannie via email: email@example.com If you don’t get a place this year, be sure to add the event to your diary for next year March – there is one dinner per week!
- If you find yourself in Cape Town and looking for unusual ingredients, head into the Pick N Pay at the V&A Waterfront – you will be able to get crab, duck and quail eggs, rabbit and many more fresh delights.
Disclosure: I was invited to the opening of the Pick N Pay Waterfront and I was not asked to write a blog post. The photographs here are from the day of the opening. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged:
- one year ago – Black Bean Salsa
29 thoughts on “Friday 21 March 2014: Out And About”
Great foods, meals and pictures! 🙂 ela
Thank you Ela 🙂
If I ever make it to your part of the world, I’m going to email you post haste for recommendations like this, Tandy. 🙂 They all look amazing!!
You are more than welcome to do so Krista 🙂
Oh so many delicious meals and foods!
The Waterkloof looks very special.
Waterkloof is the most special place indeed!
You’ve been eating so well!!
We have been eating very well indeed!
Fabulous – I was going to say you are a lucky lady but I know you work hard, so these times out are well deserved!
They were such a special treat 🙂
I love to go out and have a nice dinner, looks like you have been having a great time!
We have been having a super time 🙂
🙂 Mandy xo
thank you Mandy 🙂
Lucky girl! We all need breaks away from the kitchen well at least the cleanup part at least.
I love my well deserved breaks from the kitchen 😉
We went to Waterkloof last year for the Helderberg Wine Festival – a tradition we do every year, even though I’m not a big wine drinker. The views are spectacular! I was a little disappointed that they didn’t have many vegetarian dishes on their menu though, so we didn’t eat there. Sure we’ll be back again in November for the wine tasting. Lovely pictures and sounds like a few fun evenings out! 🙂
The view is worth being there if for nothing else 🙂
Lovely food at wonderful restaurants, Tandy! I absolutely looooove the V&A PnP – my favourite place to do grocery shopping!
I am still so jealous you are so close to it!
What fabulous looking meals! Everything looks so mouth wateringly good and creative too 🙂
They were all very good Lorraine 🙂
Tandy, these all look delicious. It’s been a productive month!
A very productive, and delicious month 🙂
DELICIOUS ITEMS AND I CAN’T WAIT TO EAT THEM. THANX FOR POSTING THIS 😀