For the challenge I splurged out and bought a boned leg of lamb and made lamb with salsa verde. Lamb loves being stuffed with garlic, anchovies and rosemary and seemed the perfect meat to accompany a salsa verde which has those three ingredients plus capers. You can use which ever herbs you have to make your own green sauce and make it as powerful as you would like. I love loads of olives and capers but I am not so keen on lots of garlic. In fact, I much prefer to use pickled garlic for these types of sauces.
- 1 leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves picked off the stalk
- 2 garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius
- finely chop the parsley, rosemary, anchovy fillets and garlic
- make slits in the lamb and stuff the holes with the mixture
- place the lamb skin side down and cook for 30 - 40 minutes (depending on how you like your meat), turning once
- allow the lamb to rest before carving
- serve with potatoes and salsa verde
Click on the links for conversions and notes.