PinkPolkaDot has posted her Friday’s Food Quiz Number 41 and here are my answers:
1. What does the term “chiffonade” means?
shredding green leaves
2. What is an escalope?
a thin slice of white meat
3. What is the Mexican staple food “frijoles” more commonly known as?
4. What does “score” means in culinary terms?
make a shallow incision
5. What is Bugne?
a large fritter traditionally eaten on Shrove Tuesday
6. What ingredient gives pumpernickel bread its dark colour?
pure rye is the ingredient, but the colour is due to the long baking period
7. What type of milk is used to make Roquefort cheese?
8. What should you do with saffron, before crushing it, to get its full flavour?
soak it in hot water
9. What can you sprinkle, in your frying pan before cooking, to prevent oil from splattering?
guess work here – flour
10. What is couscous?
a hard wheat semolina
If you would like to take part in Food Quiz Number 41 For A Friday, please feel free to do so. Link back to Zirkie’s blog and mine to let me know you have answered the questions.
9 thoughts on “Food Quiz Number 41 For A Friday”
I knew all of the answers but perhaps i have an unfair advantage. lol
do the quiz! getting 100% right is a great way to start the week 🙂
Ha, going to Google #9!
did Google give you an answer?