My friend Linden who lives in the United Kingdom sent me this recipe for chicken pot pie for me to share with my readers. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. And as she says, “Yum!!” This Recipe For Chicken Pie is easy to make so please give it a try!
Chicken Pie Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 pint chicken stock
- 1/2 pint cider
- 3 sliced leeks
- handful of frozen peas
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz plain flour
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- puff pastry
- Braise chicken breasts in chicken stock and cider for 40 mins.
- Lift out the chicken then add to the stock the leeks and peas.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Drain and mix with the diced chicken.
- Reserve the stock and make up to 1 pint with water.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the flour and mix to a paste.
- Slowly add the stock and simmer until thick.
- Add the parsley and tarragon.
- Lay out the chicken and vegetables in a 2pint casserole.
- Pour over the sauce.
- Cover with a puff pastry lid and bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.