Low-Carb Express is a great resource if you are new to this concept and way of eating.
Chapters are divided into:
- 5-Minute Recipes
- 10-Minute Recipes
- 15-Minute Recipes
- 20-Minute Recipes
- 25-Minute Recipes
- 30-Minute Recipes
Recipes that caught my eye:
- 90-second egg scramble (p19)
- superfood pesto (p37)
- immune-boosting brew (p38)
- blueberry microwave muffins (p41)
- handy nutty granola (p46)
- tomato and chorizo soup (p54)
- basic low-carb crackers (p66)
- one-pan Greek chicken (p78)
- chicken saltimbocca with asparagus (p81)
- creamy fish chowder (p82)
- fabulous egg muffins (p90)
- Thai fishcakes (p109)
- tandoori chicken oven bake (p123)
- speedy beef stroganoff (p124)
- everything-but-the-kitchen-sink savoury muffins (p138)
- tomato chutney (p150)
- best every low-carb cupcakes (p157)
I liked that there were short cuts which offered alternatives and serving idea. I am not a fan of erythritol so I would only use fructose when making the recipes.
What I made:
The first thing I tried was the 90-second egg scramble but it did not work. I felt so let down as I thought this would be a great lunch solution for us at work. The tomato chutney was so good I could have eaten it as is, with some fresh bread. Next time I make it I will double the recipe I am going to share with you.
Inspiration published on Lavender and Lime December 22:
Dave and I are away sightseeing with my parents. I will be back at work on the 5th of January and will reply to comments then.