Sea Harvest recently launched three new products onto the market and I decided that I would use the vouchers that they sent me to buy the Fine Dine tuna steaks. I bought 2 boxes and each one contained 2 separately packed yellowfin tuna steaks weighing a total of 200g per box. These are approved as part of the Heart and Stroke Foundation eating plan. Dave and I eat quite a lot of fresh tuna and so it was great to be able to have these in the freezer for when tuna is not in season. I cooked the tuna from frozen, as per the box recommendation. The first box I took out of my freezer which is set to -18° Celsius and the centre was still frozen after cooking for 2 minutes per side. I then tried the next 2 using my other freezer which is set at a normal temperature for home use and the inside was still cold. I would recommend that you either cook them for 3 minutes per side from frozen, or defrost them in the fridge overnight. The plus side is that I can keep these in the freezer for when we end up having surprise visitors. I brushed mine with oil, seasoned with salt and added ground coriander to one side, and ground cayenne pepper to the other. After cooking I squeezed on fresh lime juice and added fresh coriander.
How to enter to 1 of 5 R500 vouchers from Sea Harvest:
Competition now closed!
Conditions of entry:
- I will not be responsible for the delivery of the vouchers
- The prize is 1 of 5 vouchers valued to R500 and may not be exchanged for cash
- Entries close at midnight on the 21st of November 2014
- I will not be responsible for deciding the winners and the decision made by the person responsible will be final
- Entries are open to all readers of this blog who have a residential address in South Africa
- I will not be held responsible for non-receipt of your voucher
Disclosure: I was sent vouchers in compensation for hosting this give away. This post is in line with my blogging policy.
What I blogged:
- one year ago – Garlic Soup
- two years ago – Food and Wine Bloggers Indaba
- three years ago – Red Wine Braised Short Ribs
- four years ago – Friday’s Food Quiz