Welcome to Tandy Tuesday – a celebration of pasta and 5 ingredients. This week’s pasta dish of Tomato, Bacon, Artichoke Hearts And Olives is a great way to quickly throw together a meal, without too much fuss! I have not quite stuck to the 5 ingredient ‘rule’ but it is still a celebration of simple tastes.
Tomato, Bacon, Artichoke Hearts and Olive Pasta
- pasta of your choice
- 15 mls basil infused olive oil
- 1 chilli deseeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4 rashers streaky bacon sliced
- 125 g tomatoes sliced
- 3 artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 5 mls tomato paste
- 10 black olives depipped and cut in half
- small handful of flat leaf parsley for garnishing
- while your water is boiling and your pasta is cooking -
- heat the oil in a large frying pan
- add the chilli and the garlic and as soon as the garlic starts cooking, add the bacon
- when the bacon is crispy add the tomatoes, artichoke hearts and tomato paste
- just before you add the pasta, add the olives
- add the pasta and mix in well
- serve and garish with the parsley
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
8 thoughts on “Recipe For Tomato, Bacon, Artichoke Hearts And Olive Pasta”
My pasta of yesterday actually qualified for the 5-ingredient rule, but I forgot to tag you 🙁
Have a good Tuesday.
I am trying to stick to the 5 ingredients!
Wonderful and easy!!
just the way I like it 🙂
Making me hundry and this is right up my alley!! Have a good day my friend xx
have a beautiful day as well xxx
Looks good.. but without the bacon? Possible
Why is it a good thing to stick to 5 ingredients? Just curious 🙂
the simpler the ingredients the better the flavour as you can taste what is in the dish rather than just a mix of something! You can leave the bacon out all together or use macon xxx