I have been very remiss in acknowledging this award but it was really due to circumstances beyond my control. In November when the lovely Megs nominated me for the Liebster Award my blog was on a go slow. Despite the fact that I sent an email to my tech guru, the problem persisted until this past week. The tech guru only dealt with my issue now which is frustrating to say the least. He sent my query through to the technical department and despite them saying they have done nothing, my blog is suddenly back to normal. I shall breathe a sigh of relief, as I have missed my regular posts. Vodacom have still not sorted out their issue, and Gordons Bay remains a dead spot for internet coverage, which means no computer for me over the weekend and in the afternoons. I am sure Dave is breathing a sigh of relief to that one! Andra has also nominated me so I am doubly thankful! It is always great to find new blogs and new bloggers out there.
Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest. This award is giving to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers from someone who has been following your blog and thinks you deserve a little recognition for what you’re doing.
Like everything, it comes with rules. They are:
A. Write 11 random facts about yourself (hopefully none of them are being repeated)
- I do not get out of bed without drinking a cup of coffee first
- I collect recipe books yet I seldom refer to them
- I am not afraid of snakes or spiders, but I do not like things that crawl, creep or fly (as in mosquitos)
- I am an avid reader and can read a book a day if I had the time
- I competed in motor sport most of my life
- I would rather spend a day at the motor racing than shopping
- My next overseas holiday has been planned and is to Italy in 2013, and in 2014 we are going to Wales
- I have a barge holiday in Amsterdam on my bucket list
- I am quite shy
- I love the fact that people from all over the world stop over here and read my blog
- I am a news addict and have Sky News on most of the time when I am at home
B. Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you
- What are you most excited about lately?
getting my blog back!
- What are you currently reading?
Ken McClure Donor
- Your favourite cookbook, and why?
my Larousse Gastronomique as it has everything in it that I need to know about classical cooking, and that is a great foundation to have.
- If someone was being overtly racist in a social situation, how would you handle it?
I have had this happen and I walked out of their house. Cost us a friendship but my principals cannot stand this type of behaviour, especially in our Rainbow Nation!
- What was the last thing you ate?
orange sorbet and chocolate ice cream
- Name one thing you like about yourself, and why?
my ability to always see the positive side in life because it makes life so much easier to live
- Do you floss your teeth every day?
- How do you deal with the daily stresses of life?
if I ever have stress I cook! And if I don’t have stress, I cook!
- If you knew you wouldn’t be judged, what would you be doing differently?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
this is a tough one! Reading my gran’s special story books
- If you could open your own business, what would you be doing? If you do have your own business, what do you do?
I run my own company selling natural and organic products, but I would love to run a cooking school from home
- What is your favourite kitchen tool?
- What is the most unuseful kitchen gadget that you have ever had?
an electric Parmesan grater, only because I never used it
- What was your menu for this Christmas?
Italian cold meats and cheeses
- What book do you read at this moment (if any)?
Ken McClure Donor
- What was the most uninspired present that you have ever gave to someone?
I have received presents of sugar products from friends who know I am sucrose intolerant
- Which is your favourite holiday destination?
- Who is your favourite celebrity chef?
Raymond Blanc and Michel Roux Junior
- Name one of the most difficult recipes you have ever made.
- Which is your all time favourite movie?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Please list one of your 2013 new year’s resolution.
To go to gym regularly
- What is your favourite recipe and why?
Roast Chicken as it is real comfort food
C. Fabricate 11 new questions
- Who has been the most influential person in your life?
- What started you on the path of cooking?
- Which three ingredients could you not live without?
- Which of your kitchen tools would you take with you anywhere and everywhere?
- Do you have any pet peeves in the kitchen?
- Which meal is your all time favourite?
- Which restaurant could you visit over and over again?
- If you could only have one recipe book, which one would it be?
- If you could work alongside one chef for a day who would that be?
- Which ingredient will you not eat or cook with?
- What is on top of your bucket list?
D. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
as per usual, I am nominating new people on my blog roll!
- Bizzy Lizzy’s Good Things
- Compulsive Foodie
- Curious Cuisiniere
- Dentist Chef
- Go Bake Yourself
- Karista’s Kitchen
- Lamb’s Ear And Honey
- My Custard Pie
- My Kitchen Stories
- Passion Fruit Garden
E. Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
- I never do this for awards. If these people read the post they will know they have been nominated!
What I blogged:
- one year ago – star anise dusted venison with red grapes
- two years ago – ras el hanout
32 thoughts on “Liebster Award I”
Congrats on your awards!!
congratulations to you 🙂
Hi, Tandy! Congrats on the double honour of Liebster Award, I loved to learn new things about you, for me this ist the best about the awards, getting to know you from a different angle. Coffee in bed, this is great, does your husband bring it to you? Motor racing – cool. Like you I collect recipe books but I never use them.
And I look forward to your travel report of Italy, my second home. When are you going there?
Thank you Barbara. Dave brings me coffee every morning during the week. We are going to Venice, Bologna, Milan and Lake Como in May and June and then South of Rome to Tropea in October 🙂
A well deserved award Tandy.
Have a lovely weekend.
🙂 Mandy xo
Thank you Mandy – have a super weekend as well 🙂
Congratulations my friend you deserve this award 🙂
Truly I appreciate the pass on!
Choc Chip Uru
Thank you Uru, and its my pleasure 🙂
Congrats on your award, Tandy. Love your answers……now go and floss your teeth. 😀
Not even the dentist can get me to do that!
Nice to get to know you more Tandy and congratulations on your awards! 😀
Thank you Lorraine 🙂
Congratulations on the double award. It was fun learning a little more about you, especially your love for motor sports.
Thank you for reading Karen 🙂
Congratulations, Tandy! Looking forward to checking out everyone who recieved an award here today!
There are some interesting blogs on the list 🙂
I am so happy you are getting your website sorted. You are now showing up on my reader!!! Woo hoo! Congratulations on your award and I cant wait to hear about your trip to Italy. where are you planning to visit? Take Care, BAM
I’m glad I’m showing in your reader! We are off to Venice, Bologna, Milan and Lake Como in May and June and South of Rome to Tropea in October 🙂
Hi Tandy, congratulations and thanks for the mention, it looks like I will have to come up with some answers. Mmmmm a barge holiday in Amsterdam sounds very nice indeed.
So glad you popped in to read this post! I love barging and could do it every holiday 🙂
Hola Tandy, congratulations! You deserve it. It´s very cool to know you are interested on motor racing 🙂
Thank you Katya 🙂