One of my blogging friends has this awesome post theme of loving this week on her blog and I really love it! I think it is so important to give thanks, and whereas this week is no different from many other weeks, I thought I would jot down some reasons to love this year.
- work wise things have been tough and I took a huge reduction in salary. But, I am grateful that my business is running, I have managed to keep my staff employed and my turnover has grown
- socially we have had a great year spending time entertaining and being entertained by friends
- on the home front our house is coming along in leaps and bounds. The roof is nearly completely done and the upstairs is being finished slowly but surely to my perfecting standards
- I have worked this year with some amazing company’s: Woolworths and Eat Out being two of them
- I have attended great functions and met fantastic people, sampled new products and learnt interesting things
- I have given away things on my blog and to that end – well done Chantelle on winning the Top Ten Home Cooks and to Zirkie for correctly guessing Vinca in My Fynbos Garden post
- I have been advertising on my blog which meant self hosting my blog. I am so grateful for the opportunity
- I took part in challenges and competitions and was nominated as a top 10 finalist in the Eat In Awards as well as some other awards which I did not share with you
- I am grateful that I am on leave – until the 9th of January I won’t be blogging that much but I will be changing a few things around on my blog (if I can get internet access) and updating some of my recipes to ziplist
- I am grateful to every subscriber to my blog, especially those of you who stayed with me during the move and my consequent reposting of 800 recipes!
- I’m grateful for every comment I receive and all the friends I have here from all over the world – you are what makes this place of mine so special
- And last but not least, I’m grateful for the support from my husband who taste tests every recipe and helps me get them right before I share them with you
- Lastly, I chose to register for the SA Blog Awards 2012 knowing that my blog is not big enough to win as it is by popular vote, and some blogs in this category have over 100 000 readers, but, if you would like to vote for me, I will be grateful for that as well.
Hope you have all found something to love about this year!
42 thoughts on “Loving This Year”
Here’s to an even better 2013. Thank you for the great blog you provide. I will be holding thumbs that you win.
Thank you so much for your support and kind words 🙂
Good luck with the Blog award (I voted) and Happy Christmas.
Thank you Roger, I really appreciate your vote. Merry Christmas to you too 🙂
You have my vote! Have a safe and happy holiday. Take care, BAM
Thank you so much! Have a super Christmas 🙂
I just voted for you & your lovely blog because you are 1 lovely woman & a great & fun blogger too! 🙂 I love all of your tasty recipes too! xxx
Dear Sophie, thank you so much for the compliment and the vote 🙂
You have my vote, Tandy. It sounds as though you’ve had an amazing year. Congratulations on all your successes. Best wishes for the holiday season and 2013. xx
thank you so much AD for all your support during the year, and for voting 🙂
I’m off to vote now Tandy! You’ve had a fabulous year and everything has been well deserved! 😀
thank you so much Lorraine for the kind words, and the vote 🙂
Naturally I will vote for you, Tandy.. what a wonderful idea for a post. It was an interesting reflection of your joys this past year! xx
thank you so much for your vote, and for reading my blog 🙂
I will pop over there and vote for you 🙂
Thank you so much Hope 🙂
Dear Tandy, have a great holiday. You achieved a lot this year and I feel happy for you! It’s always a pleasure reading your posts and your inspiring recipes!! Ciao
Bene grazie Rita, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas 🙂
What an incredible list of things to be thankful for…at first I thought the first one read “turnovers” like of the apple and cherry variety, lol. Silly me.
Not silly at all! I should be used to American terms and think of them when I talk ‘South African’ 🙂
Wonderful post, Tandy!!
Thank you Zirkie 🙂
I love how positive and upbeat this post is! What a great way to end 2012 and kick off 2013!
Thank you Joanne – I can only hope 2013 is a better year for everyone 🙂
This is a great idea to always remember what we are grateful for. I voted for you! Good luck and happy holidays Tandy!
Thank you so much and happy holidays to you as well 🙂
What a great idea!
Voted for you and holding thumbs 😉
Thank you so much, it is really appreciated 🙂
Loving this post
Thanks my friend 🙂
Congratulations on a great year. I have put in a vote for you, because you deserve it. I also know how hard it is ….the competition is fierce but we all have to grow ….so there you go!. Have a Great Christmas
Thank you so much for the compliment, and the vote – they both mean so much to me. Merry Christmas to you as well 🙂
Voted!! I love the recap of your year Tandy.
Thank you so much Tammy for all your support this year 🙂
Done, Tandy. I love my visits here 🙂 Always with a fresh angle and something new to try…
Thank you Kate for the vote, and the compliment 🙂
Just voted…good luck and best to you for the coming year.
Thank you so much Karen, I really appreciate the vote. All the best for you as well 🙂
I love the framework of this post and am going to sit down over the next couple of days and make a similar list.
I look forward to reading your list Tammy 🙂
Wonderful Tandy. Thank you for linking back 🙂 So many lovely things over the year.
I hope 2013 is a beautiful one for you. xx
(and fingers crossed for you.)
Thank you so much Brydie 🙂