Late last year I participated in Yuppiechef’s annual cookathon and our meal started with a melon and avocado salad with a roasted tomato salad dressing. Tami commented that she was looking forward to the recipe for the salad dressing, and it has taken me quite some time to get it posted.
We used up the first bottle of salad dressing over a couple of weeks and then I made my adapted version. I have used it on green salads, with coleslaw and even to top roast vegetables. I roasted a tray of mixed root vegetables and then topped it with the roasted tomato salad dressing. I left the vegetables to cool and this made for a really great salad to accompany our meal. This roasted tomato salad dressing is so versatile I have even used it with quinoa to add a great depth of flavour to a salad. Here I made a plain cucumber, tomato, feta and basil salad and tossed this with the roasted tomato salad dressing.
Roasted Tomato Salad Dressing
- 10 baby tomatoes halved
- 5 garlic cloves halved
- 150 mls olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 15 mls whole grain mustard
- 15 mls lemon juice
- 15 mls balsamic vinegar
- 1.25 mls sugar - I used fructose
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius
- Place the tomatoes and garlic onto a baking tray and drizzle olive oil
- Season generously and cook for 15 minutes
- Cool and then blend together with the rest of the ingredients
- Store in the fridge and remove half an hour before serving
Blog-checking lines: For March’s Daring Cooks’ Challenge, Ruth, Shelley and Sawsan asked us to totally veg out! We made salads and dressings, letting the sky be the limit as we created new flavors and combinations that reflect our own unique tastes.
What I blogged:
- one year ago – Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
- two years ago – Wasabi
- three years ago – Pomegranate Restaurant