Nothing can beat the smell of fresh dough proving, and then being baked to perfection.
- place the yeast and honey into half the tepid water and leave to ferment
- place the flour into a food processor with a dough hook
- with the blade running slowly add the yeast / honey water
- add the rest of the water slowly until the dough has formed - you might not need all the water
- remove from the bowl and knead for 5 minutes
- flour your hands and the top of the bread and shape into a round ball
- place on a baking tray, make a couple of slashes with a knife in the top and cover with a dish towel
- leave in a warm place to prove for 40 minutes, or doubled in size
- knock back the dough and form into the shape bread you want (add flavourings at this stage if you want)
- place back onto the baking tray, and leave for a further 40 minutes, or until doubled in size
- preheat the oven to 225? Celsius and bake for 20 to 25 minutes - you will know when the bread is cooked when you tap on the bottom and you hear a hollow sound
- leave for at least 15 minutes before cutting
Click on the links for conversions and notes.