Those of you who are regular readers of my blog will know that I really need routine. And part of that routine has been writing down my recipes every night. I used to keep a food diary and it evolved with this blog to a recipe diary. I am so far behind in putting the recipes from my notes onto my blog that I have in fact stopped jotting down recipes every night. This has been quite liberating as I can just cook comfort food. And, Dave is also cooking which has been wonderful for me. It has been a mini time out. With that in mind, I will share with you the fact that I made this dish for Gorgonzola mushrooms on the 25th of February! My mid year sojourn will at least mean that sometime in the near future I will be blogging ‘current recipes’ and not ones that appear to be out of season, or with photographs taken in haste.
- 6 rashers bacon
- 100g Gorgonzola
- 4 steak mushrooms, stalk removed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- 20mls basil pesto
- preheat the oven to 200° Celsius
- cut up the bacon and fry in a dry pan until the fat has rendered down
- remove from the pan and set aside while you pan fry the flesh side of the mushrooms
- season the exposed side, add the cut up bacon and the gorgonzola
- bake in the oven for 5 minutes
- then put under the grill for a further 5 minutes
- top each mushroom with a teaspoon of the pesto
Click on the links for conversions and notes.