I am submitting this recipe for Basil Infused Tomato Pasta to Presto Pasta Nights, which is being hosted this week by Juli of Pictures of all my Princesses This is a fantastic bloggers challenge to create an Italian dish.
The past two weeks have been exceptionally hard, and part of what has been difficult is making the choice to put Maxine to sleep for the right reasons. I never wanted to have any lingering doubt that we had just given up on her. Giving up is so easy to do. It is what I sometimes feel like doing when business is bad, like it is now. But I know I cannot just give up. I cannot give up on friendships and I have never given up on a challenge, life or love. Some weeks it is exceptionally hard to come up with a pasta recipe – but Tandy Tuesday is ‘set in stone’ for me, and I cannot give up doing at least one pasta post a week. This week I am sharing with you a pasta recipe from January – it is not seasonal so it can be enjoyed all year round.
Basil Infused Tomato Pasta
- 15 mls basil infused olive oil
- 125 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 chilli deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 10 olives depipped and halved
- 15 mls crème fraîche
- 10 g Parmesan grated
- while your pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large frying pan
- add the tomatoes and allow them to warm up
- add the chilli and the garlic and cook till soft
- add the olives and warm through
- add the crème fraîche and make sure your pasta sauce is warm
- toss the pasta through the sauce and top with the parmesan