Recipe For Paprika Chicken By Guest Blogger: Michael English.
- 1 Chicken about 1 kg
- 2 medium onions chopped
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ red pepper recipe says 1 green pepper, but as I do not like them I did this
- 1 tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 15 mls chicken stock
- 20 mls flour
- 30 mls sweet paprika preferably Hungarian
- 145 g crème fraiche
- Oil for frying
- Two pinches cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 160° Celsius
- Fry the chicken to brown on all sides.
- Remove to a casserole and use the remaining oil in the pan to fry the chopped onions till soft.
- Stir the flour, cayenne and paprika into the onions in the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and add the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour over the chicken and bake for 45 min.
- Take out and add the sliced peppers and bake for a further 30 min.
- Just before serving add the crème fraiche to create a marbled effect and sprinkle with some more paprika.
- Serve with rice or pasta.
As you know Beverly just got back from Hungary and so we had to do something with the great Hungarian Paprika she bought and so we made Paprika Chicken. We loved this dish. I really enjoy reading your blog. Great work!Sorry its late for the challenge! Cheers Mike