Tuna is the most amazing versatile fish you will come across. It can be eaten raw or cooked – but needs to be treated with love and respect. It will take on any spices, but make sure you do not overpower the tuna or you will not get to taste it’s beautiful natural flavour. For this lovely piece of fresh tuna, I made an oriental dressing.
- 2 tuna steaks
- olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning
- 250mls canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 20mls peanut butter
- 2.5mls mustard
- 125mls sugar
- 125mls soy sauce
- 125mls rice wine vinegar
- 20mls sesame oil
- oil the tuna and season with salt and pepper
- leave to season while you make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together thoroughly
- sear the tuna in a hot pan for a minute per side
- slice and serve on a bed of rocket, with a generous drizzle of the dressing
Click on the links for conversions and notes.