I am really one for organization and routine and so blogging about my favourite meals once a week is great. I love the simplicity and ease of pasta for supper and this type of meal will never fail to satisfy. My ultimate easy and favourite dish has to be Bacon And Mushroom Pasta. I prefer to make my own bacon which tends to stay drier than commercially made varieties. If however you do not have the time or the patience to make your own I have a great tip for you. Cook the entire pack of bacon when you open it.
- start by getting your pasta cooking
- place the bacon into a hot, dry pan and cook until the fat has been rendered down
- remove from the pan and add the oil, the chilli, the garlic and the mushrooms
- slice the bacon and return to the pan with the tomatoes
- remove the chilli
- add the crème fraîche
- toss through the pasta and add the Parmesan
Click on the links for conversions and notes.