I know this is not a traditional recipe for pasta vongole but it is what I made for Tandy Tuesday. I love the richness of tomatoes with clams. Unfortunately, I could not get fresh clams so I used tinned ones – they are not nearly as nice, and you do not get the lovely shells to go with the dish, but it satisfied a craving.
- while you are cooking your pasta
- heat the olive oil in a large frying pan
- add the onion and sauté until soft
- add the garlic and the chilli
- add the mushrooms and cook until soft
- add the tin of tomatoes, the clams and the vegetable stock
- cook on a low heat and when the pasta is cooked, toss through the sauce
Click on the links for conversions and notes.