It took a lot of practice but I finally for the hang of rolling these chicken rice paper rolls. I like mine thick, but you can reduce the filling and have slimmer rolls if you prefer.
I am very diligent about replying to emails that need a response. As soon as the email lands in my inbox I deal with it. This means that my customers, suppliers and friends can rely on me. However, I am not that good when it comes to emails that don’t need my immediate attention. I keep everything in my inbox until it has been dealt with and have one email going back over 3 years. This is a discount code from Kitchen Aid which I fully intend using. But only when I can afford to shop for a new accessory. At the end of August I decided to go through the entire list. I deleted a discount voucher that had expired at the end of April. Clearly I didn’t need anything from the company I had got it from. I also moved a few emails into folders as they are not important.
Today’s inspirational recipe from Lavender and Lime ♥ Chicken Rice Paper Rolls ♥ #LavenderAndLime Click To Tweet
And at the same time I made a few phone calls that needed to be made before the end of the month. But that did not need immediate action when I received them. It was a great sense of achievement to clear my inbox. And feel like I have a clean slate going into the September. I am now down to 15 emails that need some sort of action from me. Two of them are for our trip in December so there is really not much I can do about them now. And one is for a weekend away we are taking in a few months time. The rest all seem arbitrary but are there to serve more as reminders than anything else. Do you leave emails in your inbox to deal with at a later stage?
Click on the links for conversions and notes.
Chicken Rice Paper Rolls
- 60 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 small red cabbage
- boiling water to cover
- 180 g cooked chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 10 g baked sundried onions, finely chopped
- 15 mls sweet chilli sauce
- 12 round rice paper wrappers
- Place the noodles and 12 of the outer leaves of the cabbage into a large bowl
- Cover with boiling water and leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Drain and set aside the cabbage leaves, patting them dry before using
- Finely shred the rest of the cabbage and place into a bowl, together with the chicken, carrot and baked onion
- Add the chilli sauce and stir to combine
- Place 1cm of water into a large bowl and make the rolls one at a time
- Start off by soaking the rice paper wrapper for 20 seconds
- Place onto a damp towel and position one cabbage leaf at the bottom of the wrapper *
- Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture just above the edge of the wrapper
- Roll the wrapper up, as tightly as possible, over the chicken
- Now add some of the noodles
- Roll the wrapper over the noodles then bring in the side
- Continue to roll as tightly as possible to enclose the filling
- Once you have rolled the wrapper, place onto a cutting board and cover with a damp cloth until you have done all of the wrappers
- Cut them in half, along a diagonal and serve straight away with a dipping sauce of your choice