I am working my way through my recipe file, and this is the inspiration for my weekly challenges. I loved the look of these rolls and so went ahead and made them, but I did not read the recipe properly and so mixed all the flavours together instead of making 4 different flavoured sets of rolls. I must say, that my version was really great.
- mix the flour and the salt together in a bowl
- make a well in the centre and add the remaining ingredients
- mix well to combine
- divide the dough into 4 and add the different flavouring to each
- place each piece of dough on a lightly floured working surface and knead until the flavouring is incorporated
- cover and leave in a warm place until treble in size and full of air bubbles
- sprinkle a baking sheet with flour
- take each piece of dough and divide into 6 small rolls
- place the rolls on a baking sheet and cover with a kitchen towel
- leave to prove until doubled in size
- preheat the oven to 220? Celsius
- bake for 30 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack before serving
Click on the links for conversions and notes.