It’s amazing how reliant we have become on cell phones. I use mine to make calls, send messages, write blog posts and to tell the time. I no longer wear a watch because my mobile phone fulfils that function. The other day I was meeting a friend for lunch. My phone needed to be reformatted due to an error and it was linked to my computer. I could not detach it so I had to leave it at the office while I headed to the shopping centre where we were meeting. We hadn’t made a firm time so I arrived before the 12:30ish arrangement and sat at a table in the area outside the place where we normally get together. It took my friend 25 minutes to find me even though I was where we said we would meet. Not being able to contact each other made me aware of how reliant we are on our phones. Also, I had no clue how long I had been waiting as there was no clock near me. Some people are so attached to their phones they text while trying to drive. This makes me lose my temper and yell out my car window at them, or gesticulate and shake my head. I so don’t want to be part of their accident! Now, when tempering chocolate using the seeding method you won’t have any reason to yell. Celia has an extensive post on how to do this. Here is my shortened version.
Recipe For Tempered Chocolate
- 100 g chocolate
- Place 75g of the chocolate into a bowl
- Over a bain-marie and a low temperature, heat the chocolate to 47° Celsius
- Add the rest of the chocolate and take the bowl off the heat
- Mix the chocolate in and decrease the temperature to 31° Celsius
- This is the temperature you want to maintain while working with the chocolate
What I blogged April 23rd:
- one year ago – Stocking A Pantry Cupboard
- two years ago – Black Cherry Ice Cream
- three years ago – Pak Choi And Carrot Meatballs
Dave and I are overseas in France. I will be back in my office on the 6th of May and I will start replying to comments then. I won’t be able to read any blogs while we are away so please forgive my lack of visiting back. To follow along with us, click here.