This recipe for tomato and aubergine tart comes from the collection of recipes we learnt to cook at Trinity Lodge. My mom and I went to spend a weekend cooking in Darling and I have had the recipes stashed away to try soon. Thankfully my own challenges are forcing me to make these lovely recipes I have been saving. This tart is really tasty! I try and grow my own tomatoes as they are so easy to grow and even easier to harvest.
- preheat the oven to 180? Celsius
- slice the aubergines and brush immediately with olive oil
- cook in a griddle pan
- place the cooked aubergines in the precooked tart case
- sprinkle with the Parmesan
- season with salt and pepper
- add the basil leaves
- layer on the tomatoes
- whisk together the crème fraîche and the eggs and carefully pour over the filling
- bake for 25 minutes until set and golden
Click on the links for conversions and notes.