Pasta is one of the easiest meals to prepare in my opinion. You need few ingredients, a lot of love and the end result will always be something comforting to enjoy. You can get the cheese sauce recipe here. This week I have made Baked Pasta With Bacon, Chorizo, Tomatoes, Mushrooms And Cheese Sauce. This is the ultimate comfort dish in a bowl. Or on a plate as I have served it here. Bacon is one of the ingredients I prefer to refer to as a condiment. I am never without a pack in my fridge. Whenever I make a pasta dish I am taken straight back to Italy.
This is my travel destination of choice. Dave and I have travelled extensively around the country, spending a week here and there. From North to South and East to West we have explored Italy. In the North, pasta dishes are rich, using eggs and cured meats. Whereas in the South pasta is made with water. The sauces are simple and often feature tomatoes. So when making a pasta dish to remind me of Italy I make use of all their ingredients.
Baked Pasta with Bacon, Chorizo, Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Cheese Sauce
- pasta of your choice
- 5 rashers streaky bacon sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage sliced
- 125 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 125 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 portion cheese sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180° Celsius
- while the pasta is cooking fry the bacon until crispy
- add the sausage and once that is cooked, add the tomatoes
- when the tomatoes are cooked, add the mushrooms
- mix the ingredients into the cooked pasta with the cheese sauce
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes